We have officially been here over a week! That is so crazy. The test this morning went pretty well, forgot only one part to a question but hopefully I will still get half credit for the other part! Today has been pretty good so far, we got let out of class at 12:15, which was very nice, but we may have to make up that time later next week ☹. Speaking of next week, Wednesday evening we get to go to the theatre! I am excited to finally see what all these Spanish plays are really like, rather than just reading them.
So Grey’s Anatomy has become a ritual now after lunch! It has been a great way for me to listen and become more immerged into my Spanish. With this show I am actually able to read the subtitles, know the characters and follow what is happening.
Tonight (well around 4pm) we had our first shopping experience. Holy cow! I guess the place to be on Friday afternoon is the shops. They were so busy and the check out lines were so long they ran throughout the entire store! I bought a pair of pants for 20 Euros and a skirt for 12. It was a pretty good trip I’d say. But one thing about the trip that surprised me was all the shoe stores. I did not realize that shoes were that big of a deal here. Literally there were so many shoes in every shoe store it was hard to think straight. I would like to go back maybe earlier in the day or not on the weekend to take a better look, with out so many people crowding the shop.
Later around midnight we checked out the local night scene. We found a street named Calle Betis, which is similar to any downtown or city strip. It was right on the river and it is filled with different bars and discotecas. We went in to this smaller local bar that had great drink specials. There were cervezas for only 1 euro. After a couple of those the group decided to call it a night and we headed home for the early morning ahead of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment