Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8- sorry no pictures today, but EXCITING NEWS!

Again this morning did not go so hot. On our way to class, I stepped in dog goo. Yuck! So of course we had to find some grass or something to try and get it off (we were already pressed for time as it is, so I couldn’t go back and change). I got it all off, however it made us 5 minutes late today ☹ I think tomorrow we are going to leave 40 min early just to be safe ha.
I would like to add that there is really no grass anywhere for dogs to do their business but still what dog just poos right in the middle of the side walk! and then they just leave it! ugh so gross.

Class went by very slowly but we had a breakfast break at 11 with juice and different types of pastries. I am kind of concerned about my eating. I am starting to think that there is nothing really healthy here to eat ha. Either it’s covered in sugar or chocolate or its coated (or floating in) olive oil, or it is just fried. Ugh. I’m going to have to convince jenny to start running with me!

After class we (Jenny, Jessica and I) planned our 10-day vacation in between terms! It was stressful but very exciting. We leave on the 24th after our finals to Barcelona, spend about 4 days there, then leave 29th for ROME!! We will be there until the 3rd of July and then head back before classes start on the 4th. By the way we are flying to all of our destinations and grand total cost us only 164 Euros! I can only imagine what that trip is going to be like! We are very much looking forward to it.

We had the normal Sunday breakfast (in the US) for lunch today. Ha sausage, eggs, and the odd ball- garlic arroz (rice) ha with this homemade red tomatoe sauce. It was interesting to have that for lunch! Ha but again it was too much. I took a short catnap again today. I just don’t get where the sleepy feeling is coming from. Probably all the food and walking to and from school everyday (which is about a half hour walk).

It was time to dance again! I was very much looking forward to adding on to our little combination (as we would call it back home) but it was like the fundamental paseos (steps) of the flamenco/sevillano style dance! It was so fun; I was actually a little sweaty afterwards! I should not have worn the shoes I did; they gave me blisters during it, which was not pleasant.

We had pizza tonight with bacon and mushrooms, but no red sauce or any sauce besides… you guessed it olive oil! Ha. Well we just finished reading the boring and hard to understand play so hopefully they next one we read will be much more interesting and more in contemporary Spanish so we will be able to understand it!

GOOD NIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment