Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 9-A lovely walk in Santa Cruz

Well we made sure to be the first ones in class today!! It was another long day of reviewing the book and preparing for our first ‘control’ (which is a quiz, but as we went over the review sheet to me it is more like a test).
For lunch we had a fish stew/soup. It was delicious! I have also noticed that they use a ton of salt here! I kept wondering why I would wake up or feel so thirsty all the time! It is on and in everything, even the salad!
After lunch I got to watch Anatomía de Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)! It was very funny to see it in Spanish!

Tonight I went on un Paseo, en Barrio Santa Cruz (a walk in the neighborhood of Santa Cruz). We passed so many beautiful buildings and there was so much history of Seville in this one neighborhood!

One of the pictures is of La Cruz de la Cerrajería (or the Locksmith's Cross) in the plaza de Santa Cruz.

This is an image of the patio de banderas where we got a perfect view of el torre de giralda.

This monument is dedicated to the immaculate conception of Coullaut Lorenzo Valera in the Plaza del Triunfo.

Plaza de Doña Elvira, with elegant tiles, a fountain, and orange trees glalore.

The night ended with a review session for our first test tomorrow! Good luck and good night!

Side note: Jenny told me today that last night I was sleep talking. Ha I told her I do that sometimes, but then she said I was speaking in Spanish!! I guess that means its getting into my head right??

No comments:

Post a Comment