Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Longest day ever...


Well it has been a long day already. I had to wake up at 3 am and now it is already morning again, 9 am to be exact (Madrid time).  They do not have the gate number posted yet since it is so early so I am sitting at a table in a cafeteria type food place. It’s kind of lonely now. I have met other groups of students traveling to different parts of Spain and a group going to France, but they are all on their way to their next destination.

I sat by a girl named Sarah (she is 23) on the plane, which was really nice to be able to talk to another student. She was going to be studying sociology in Alicante.  We had a lot to talk about and she seemed very nice. She went to the University of Northern Arizona. We watched the movie No Strings Attached, which was very cute.

Both of us had a very hard time trying to sleep, many of the Spanish on the plane were very chatty and everyone seemed to know each other it was very strange. (this was really annoying during the movie because they kept getting up right by where we were sitting and blocking our view) By the time I was finally getting comfortable, they were coming out with breakfast already, and turned all the lights on!! It was about 1am our time so I was not hungry at all. Oh and the breakfast consisted of a fruit cup, turkey sandwich, blueberry muffin, and a milky way candy bar. Very interesting. I took most of it to just eat at a later time.

One thing I have noticed so far sitting in this café in Madrid is that I feel very underdressed. No one is wearing sweats and I definitely stick out. I am very nervous about arriving to Seville. I have a whole day ahead and have maybe gotten an hour of sleep. It is going to be a day I think before I get into the time difference but hopefully it won’t be too hard to get acclimated.

So finally they posted the gate number at 11 am when we were supposed to board at 11:20!! When I got to the gate, with passing it once, I saw Regina and all the other CC-CS students on that flight. The flight got delayed an hour and we didn't end up getting to Sevilla until 2:30. Which was much later than we were supposed to be there but luckily the CC-CS person waited for us so we didn't have to take a taxi. It was so nice to have people to talk to finally. Everyone is so nice so far and really anxious as well. Tonight we have our orientation at 7 followed by dinner at 8 pm. Who knows what the night will bring but I am so just wanting to sleep, yet I don’t want to miss out on anything either!!!

P.S- My bag was like first out on the baggage claim, good ol’ hot pink suitcase! Can spot it a mile away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment